CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. We produce, distribute, and sell cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials in more than 50 countries, and we maintain trade relationships in close to 100 nations.
To plan and classify all maintenance actions for the designated area regarding activities, internal and external labor, spare parts, materials, special tools and necessary safety and ecological instructions; assuring that work teams carry out only the necessary amount of administrative work.
* Verify authorization on work requests, the description of information, and the appropriate priority or completion date.
* Negotiate these dates with requestors when necessary.
* Estimate required labor, prepare list of spare parts and reference data, and anticipate other resources required to complete jobs in a safe way.
* To keep reference files about specifications of equipment, spare parts, drawings, history, manuals, forms, policies and procedures
* Confer with area coordinators to develop the most cost-effective plan.
* Participate in the planning of equipment shutdowns required to perform preventive or corrective maintenance activities.
* Help determine critical routes, sequence of activities, total cost of shutdown and required resources (i.e. spare parts, labor, etc.)
* Track Outage Schedule and Costs on a daily basis during the duration of the Outage.
* Ensure availability of spare parts and maintenance materials in Warehouse, preparing requisitions for purchases as needed
* Must work toward company safety goals and plan, hold, attend regular safety meetings
* Adhere to all CEMEX, D.O.T., and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times
* Meet or exceed company safety standards
* Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
3 years’ experience performing varied responsibilities related to preventative and corrective maintenance
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
* Knowledge of and experience with SAP
* Microsoft Project 2013
* Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
* Must wear protective equipment while at the location
* Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
* Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
* Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.