We are looking for a passionate Electrician who wants to help the world thrive!
The schedules for this position are:
Thu – Sun with Thu and Fri being 6:30 am to 4:30pm and Sat and Sun from 12:30pm – 10:30pm.
Mon and Tue 6:30am to 4:30pm and Sat and Sun 12:30pm – 1030pm.
The Mine Electrician works under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
The Weekend Mine Electrician repairs electrical equipment that requires the power to be shut off, thereby stopping production. Thus the employee works weekend periods when the mine is not scheduled to produce salt.
This will include the electrical components of: belt moves, change out components, breakers, switches, relocate and install fans, hang cables and ensure that the electrical work is performed in a safe manner while complying with all state, federal and company rules and regulations as they pertain to the electrical components in the mine situation.
All employees are responsible for inspecting the vehicles they are going to be using as well as for inspecting / scaling the area they are to be working.
Primary duties for the position will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
Safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, variable frequency drives, and communication systems. Housekeeping, parts procurement and assignments as directed by a supervisor.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Must be able to read/write English
• Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
• Ability to work in elevated areas
• Must be able to operate machinery
• Must be able to operate heavy equipment
• Must be able to perform maintenance trades including electrician.
• Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
• At least (6 months) of experience in production related work
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Basic computer skills
• Able to work overtime
• Able to perform physical job duties including open/close valves.
• Forklift certified.
The ideal should have good knowledge and experience in Electrical field.
Should have the knowledge/skills to complete tasks like:
Safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, variable frequency drives, and communication systems. Housekeeping, parts procurement and assignments as directed by a supervisor