CBS Interactive is a premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the industry. Our websites dive deep into the things that people care about: business, entertainment, games, news, sports and technology. With more than 290 million unique visitors each month, CBS Interactive is a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks.
The CBS Interactive HR Generalist is responsible for the full spectrum of HR support. As a key member of the CBSi HR team, you will partner with the HR Director for the Central division in delivering first class service. Your role will provide direction and support in the areas of employee relations, compliance, compensation, recognition, employee engagement, talent development, workforce planning, performance management, and policies/procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collaborative team with room for growth and development.
Offer 1st line HR support and advice to line managers in all aspects of the employee HR-cycle
Provide consultative HR Business Partner guidance for the Revenue, Ad Operations, and Communication Central division managers
Help HR functional areas to identify and implement solutions to improve organizational effectiveness
Own, analyze and report on staffing data, preparing management reports
Help coordinate HR initiatives and processes including annual comp reviews etc. ensuring compliance with requirements
Coordinate and induct new joiners
Maintain all personnel records, including HRIS and internal systems
Monitor and advise managers on performance management
Consult with and advise employees on various benefits issues, including eligibility, plan provisions, procedures, questions, and claims appeal procedures. Provide guidance regarding benefits plans and policy interpretation
Conduct exit interviews as appropriate and provide summary feedback as necessary
Coordinate training and development opportunities and source appropriate training opportunities
Such other duties as may be specified from time to time
Key 2016 Projects
By the end of 2016, you will have made a substantial impact on the Central HR team by working on the following projects:
Improve employee retention numbers with the development and implementation of new hire communication strategy including stay interviews and HR pulse checks recommendations. Increase retention using exit interview information.
Assist with the analysis of data and preparation of presentation materials for workforce planning initiatives with Senior HR leadership.
Identify, develop and launch a Client Services career planning and employee development strategy to promote positive attrition trends and improve employee satisfaction.
Promote a fun place to work environment by participating in the San Francisco events and culture programs including the planning and participation in great place to work initiatives with our Executive team.
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent training and experience) preferred
* At least 2 years HR generalist and/or significant internship experience preferred
* Ability to think proactively and analytically
* Expert analytical experience with the ability to transform findings into actions
* Confidence at working at all levels of the organization
* Knowledge of and experience in applying federal, state and local laws and statutes etc. which govern employment policies and practices;
* Experienced in managing cyclical HR procedures including compensation and benefit processes
* Confident in handling complex employee relations issues
* Facilitating group meetings and working effectively in a team environment
* Oracle experience a plus
* Excel experience (intermediate or above)
* Must successfully pass a background check
* In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Apply to CBS Interactive (HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.