Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill’s Protein Group has an opportunity for a Food Scientist. In this role, the Food Scientist will work either alongside other scientists or indepently to plan and execute research to support Cargill Protein’s business strategy for Customer Focused Innovation work within the retail channel. The focus of these projects will be on insight driven new product development and product/ process improvement to align with consumer demands and customer needs. This individual will work closely with Business Management, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Consumer Insights, and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) personnel throughout the development cycle to create and implement new products and processes.
Plan and execute research to support Protein Ingredients & International business strategy with focus on new product development and process improvement, sales technical support and new technology introduction to align with customer needs. This position will work closely with business managers, sales, marketing ,consumer insights, Food Safety Quality & Regulatory and operations. A proactive approach in promoting collaboration across Cargill Protein business segments is expected of this role. This role responsibilities include providing technical expertise and project leadership for:
* New product development for business growth inclusive of new capabilities development,
* Deffend and maintain existing business and
* Protect, improve and create existing and new IP.
* 50% Development of innovative customer focused products, services and solutions that enable new business.
* 25% Provide technical leadership to support and maintain existing business and implementation of new product initiatives.
* 15% Collaborate across business channels within the Protein Group to deliver expected earnings
* 10% Build, protect and defend Cargill’s IP portfolio.
* College degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Biology or similar discipline
* Understanding of Food Processing and Food Safety
* Profficient in data analysis and experimental design.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in new product development, new product commercialization and/ or research.
* Graduate studies counts as research experience
* Experience developing cooked meat formulations
* Understanding of Project Management basics.
* Experience working directly with customers: Food Service, CPG, B2B
* Understanding of live animal harvesting operations, rendering and/or pet foods ingredients
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.