CARFAX is the vehicle history expert for used car buyers, sellers and the automotive industry. CARFAX created the Vehicle History Report in 1986 and continues to develop innovative services – like CARFAX Used Car Listings and the myCarfax app, a virtual garage, that make it easier to buy, sell and own a used car. We maintain a database comprising over 14 billion vehicle history records from more than 92,000 sources worldwide, adding new sources, and more records, daily.
Do you enjoy knowing your work supports mission critical systems? Is Systems Administration your passion area? If so the Web Systems Administrator position could be just the job for you. As a Web Systems Administrator you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and managing mission critical systems that deliver CARFAX products to our customers.
* Install, administer, and troubleshoot application servers such as Tomcat, Joomla, WordPress, and Zoomdata as well as the following web servers and technologies: Apache, IIS, New Relic, Chef, and FTP.
* Implement concepts such as complete automation of production systems, and proactive monitoring. Possess a working knowledge of server automation and scripting.
* Be self-directed and have full ownership of projects and tasks.
* Partner with team members, customers, and leadership by communicating across the enterprise on projects, technologies, and roadmap status.
* 5+ years of systems administration or related systems experience
* Hands on experience administering Application Servers such as Tomcat and CMS Systems such as Joomla
* Experience with java based systems to include administering, design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
* Ability to be available for on-call support as needed
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Proficiency in keeping up with technology and hardware advances.
* Ability to adapt and be flexible when needs change unexpectedly
* Knowledge of designing and implementing Highly Available systems
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.