Bsquare helps smart device makers worldwide bring high-quality products to market faster and less expensively. With their extensive engineering and licensing expertise, innovative software solutions and automated test tools, they can help you cost-effectively create smart devices customized to your specific requirements.
Our employees work on cutting edge projects for Internet of Things (IoT), connecting and enabling embedded systems into our everyday lives. As a key member of the mobile and embedded device community, Bsquare helps to develop solutions for all leading platforms and for a wide range of industries. DataV is a product of Bsquare and an Internet of Things solution, which enables enterprises to maximize business performance through the use of data from smart, connected devices. This role will drive the successful integration of our cloud strategy with AWS.
As a senior member of the Research and Development team, you will develop and enhance software and firmware for our IoT strategy.
* Work on cutting edge technologies to convert device data into actionable insight
* Fully spectrum data management from the device all the way to the enterprise
* Understand, analyze and modify existing subsystems and work with large bodies of software code
* Participation in the architecture and design of the system
* Help define and implement integration strategies to AWS
* Produce high quality code that conforms to the design and functional requirements. Use command line tools and IDE for design and debugging
* Develop validation plans and execute them to ensure that code is fully unit tested before submitting to Product Assurance Testing
* Provide support to other Engineers, Field Application Engineers/Technical Support staff in areas of expertise and domain knowledge
* Provides work estimates for development projects and reports status of projects to management.
* Improve and maintain new and existing functionality through the product lifecycle
* Work effectively in small (2-3 people) teams
* Work in a ‘startup-like’ environment with a tremendous amount of energy
* A BSEE, BSCE, or equivalent degree is required
* Experience integrating with AWS services
* Hands-on experience with web development
* Experience with Apache Spark and/or Hadoop
* Working knowledge of the Spring framework
* Working knowledge of SOA a plus
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Understanding of machine learning and big data analytics a very strong plus
* Ability and flexibility to juggle multiple projects and interact cross-functionally
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.