Bsquare helps smart device makers worldwide bring high-quality products to market faster and less expensively. With their extensive engineering and licensing expertise, innovative software solutions and automated test tools, they can help you cost-effectively create smart devices customized to your specific requirements.
The Field Data Scientist will have the opportunity to work closely with the sales team providing scientific and technical presentations to promote our DataV software solutions, both to new and existing customers. Other key responsibilities will include providing marketing input for product development, coordinating the delivery of services by departments within the company, and proactively managing customer accounts in concert with the sales team. Due to the high customer-facing nature of the role, it requires someone with outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel as needed.
* Data analysis: Perform data clean-up and basic statistical analyses and develop an in-depth understanding of large datasets; modify and use various techniques for filtering, pattern identification, feature (variable) extraction, and feature selection.
* Algorithms and modeling techniques: Experiment with different types of algorithms and modeling techniques; develop prototypes of promising methods and conduct performance studies; create commercial-quality implementations of algorithms and techniques for use in analysis and production.
* Prepare model reports for communication with internal and external clients; participate in pre-sales meetings and calls; and provide post-implementation product support.
* Demonstrate creative visualization of the results through common presentation tools to make it easy to communicate the results, insight or conclusions to our clients. • Work simultaneously on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
* Plan effectively to set priorities and manage project tasks, identify roadblocks and work to get them removed, and understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
* Ability to travel up to 30% to meet customers or partners.
* MS or a Ph.D. in a science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or computer science field are preferred.
* 3 or more years’ industry experience required in predictive modeling and data mining. Experience will include employing performance inference, mathematical/statistical modeling, pattern recognition, or data mining/data analysis on real world problems involving large data sets.
* Prior customer management and/or small business analytic experience.
* Strong problem solving and analytical ability. Excellent communication skills. A statistical thinker and quick learner.
* Team oriented and at the same time able to work independently with minimum direction.
* Experience utilizing common graphical presentation tools or rapid prototyping tools.
* Ability to use Java &/or Python or similar object oriented programming language to manipulate data for purposes of model development very helpful.
* Sophisticated customer facing skills; experience of delivering formal technical presentations
* Experience in project management, technical consulting, and experience of delivering technical training preferred.
* Highly self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a larger team.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.