* Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
* Provide personal care including: Bathing, Grooming, including oral care, Assist the client with dressing and undressing, Assist the client with toileting activities, Assist in feeding the client, Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves, Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure), Measure and record height and weight, Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement), Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care, Provide client with help walking and transferring, Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions, Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor, Document observed changes, Measure and document intake and output, Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder), Perform light housekeeping, Perform meal preparation and clean up, Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed, Maintain an orderly client environment.
* Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
* Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
* Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
* Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
* Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
* Ensure client’s rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to: the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided , the right to accept or refuse care and the right to confidentiality of their information.
* Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
* Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.