Boehringer Ingelheim, founded in 1885 by Albert Boehringer in Ingelheim, Germany, began with just 28 people employed to manufacture tartaric acid salts. Now, more than 125 years later, the company operates globally with 146 affiliates and more than 47,000 employees.
This position functions under minimal guidance/supervision of Animal Resources management to perform functions in support of Animal Resources operations in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, guidelines and policies on the use of laboratory animals. This position may include rotational assignment to various animal and/or support areas. In addition, this position functions as a member of a work team, actively promotes a team-oriented work environment, and will be expected to train others and lead teams charged with basic tasks within an area/function in order to demonstrate minimal team leadership skills.
* Functions with primary responsibility for animal care and enrichment of routine and specialized animal colonies, and cleaning and maintenance of associated facilities; includes animal handling, animal observations, reporting of abnormal findings, adherence to veterinary directives and monitoring of room conditions.
* Maintains functional knowledge and ability to operate and maintain animal facility equipment including but not limited to cage/rack washers, environmental monitoring equipment etc.
* May be assigned to specialized tasks as a primary responsibility under the direction of Animal Resources Management.
* Ensures timely and accurate documentation and performs quality record review.
* Trains and mentors team members in Animal Resources operations and procedures.
* Identifies, evaluates and implements new technologies, equipment and methodologies aimed at animal program improvement or advancement.
* Supports Animal Resources Management with routine evaluation of facilities and operations and inspection/audit remediation and response.
* Functions as a team member, mentor and leader; displays the behaviors and attributes required to complete inter-dependent and cross-functional tasks within a highly dynamic work environment where success depends on effective communication, coordination, cooperation and personal accountability.
* Complies with applicable company policies and guidances, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Federal, State and local regulations (e.g., USDA, FDA GLPs) and performs work in a safe manner.
* AALAS certification at LATG level is required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent plus eight (8) years experience in an animal research facility or veterinary practice required.
* Associates or Bachelors Degree in animal science or equivalent plus six (6) year relevant experience preferred.
* Computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required; skills in Topaz Granite/Elements are desirable
* Strict attention to detail and follow-up skills are essential.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to perform in a team environment.
* No known allergies to animals.
* This position requires a high degree of physical work effort including but not limited to: bending, lifting (up to 50 lbs), squatting, pushing/pulling, reaching and long periods of standing, in addition to handling and restraint of small and large laboratory animals.
* Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including uniforms, respiratory, eye, hearing, hand and foot protection.
* Required to work on scheduled weekends and holidays.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Apply to Boehringer Ingelheim (Technician IV, Lab Animal)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.