Since 1994, Blue Sky has been a cornerstone of the Atlanta advertising community. As a full-service advertising agency, we pride ourselves on an expertise in creating emotional connections with consumers and targeted audience segments through creative campaigns. We have a staff of best-in-class individuals that allow us to consistently deliver the media-agnostic creative solutions that our clients demand in an ever changing marketing environment.
The Copywriter produces bold, strategic, persuasive messages across all media for our clients. You have the ability to communicate and collaborate across department teams as well as with clients. Your strengths lie in providing solutions to challenging client problems by generating emotions, starting a conversation, or telling a story. Our client roster includes Intercontinental Hotels Group, The Atlanta Braves, Gas South, Honeybaked Ham, Turner Broadcasting, and Georgia Department of Economic Development (Tourism).
* Concept and execute advertising consistent with the determined strategy; working alone or in collaboration across departments.
* Create original concepts of clear, concise, and convincing writing: for grammatical and material accuracy.
* Maintain or establish the structure of a brand’s identity & tone of voice – providing input on how the design and copy executions come together .
* Guide and direct work through all phases and ultimately to its production.
* Work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with art directors and producers.
* Compliance with quality standards as set forth by the department.
* Work with supervisor to foster innovative solutions.
* Develop concepts and/or storyboards, collaborating with production as needed.
* Present concepts effectively and make any revisions according to comments.
* Meet with account and traffic to review work in progress and select desired concepts.
* Brief and presents project team with key findings.
* Participate in and contributes to the new business activities of the agency.
* Stay abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances.
**Desired Skills & Experience:**
* Talent, judgment and imagination to create ideas and words for the creation of an advertisement.
* Knowledge of the mechanics of writing: punctuation, spelling, structure and organization of writing.
* Schooling in creative writing or conceptual advertising.
* Previous experience as copywriter/associate copywriter.
* Portfolio and reel required to demonstrate creative and technical skills.
* Must have 2+ years of experience within an advertising agency setting.
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
**Attributes For Success:***
* Exceptionally well organized
* Able to prioritize and multi-task
* Self-motivated with leadership characteristics
* Detail oriented