From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions.
As part of this innovative team, you will be building a groundbreaking market data platform which will revolutionize the data generation for derivatives market. Our system has to be ultralow latency to handle the traffic of millions of market movements per second. We also have complex analytics like source confidence evaluation (scoring), and the need of real-time online learning for prediction. And of course, like any large scale system, it needs to be scalable enough to handle millions of topic subscriptions. You will have the opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies: Spark, Kafka, Flink.
* Constantly ticking financial data that needs to be processed in real-time
* Terabytes of static and historical data as your playground
* Direct and tremendous impact on top external decision-makers and products with high visibilities
* Knowledgeable/helpful team members to help you build good understanding of financial data and models
* An open mind to new ideas and technologies
**You’ll need to have:**
* 2+ years of industry programming experience
* Strong programming proficiency in Scala and/or Java
* Hands on experience in data streaming technologies like Kafka and/or Spark
* Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms
* The motivation to build scalable, efficient platforms
**We’d love to see:**
* Experience in architecting and implementing large scale systems
* Exposure to machine learning
* Experience working in a test driven development and Agile environment
You will work at the intersection of technology, data science, finance, and mathematics. The goal of this platform is to analyze, predict, clean, and generate the best quality derivatives data.
Apply to Bloomberg LP (Senior Software Engineer for Derivatives Data)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.