Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.
The world needs heroes. Assemble your team and prepare to embark on a journey to create the most epic experiences ever! We’re looking for an innovative and technically proficient Senior Test Lead with an ability to see the big picture, and push testing strategies to the next level. You will be responsible for leading a team of testers, and partnering with other teams to drive quality assurance initiatives.
* Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 5+ towards individual and team excellence
* Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
* Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
* Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
* Project manage and maintain schedules for responsible test area
* Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for test leadership, requirements gathering, and risk identification
* Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
* Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience, always
* Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams
* Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
* Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
* Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives
* Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
* Experience leading test teams: 7 years
* Management experience: 5 years
* Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
* Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
* Shipped multiple game titles as a test lead
* Passion for video games and software quality
* Experience with Selenium or SoapUI
* Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
* Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
* Experience working in global teams.
* Experience leading other leaders.
Apply to Blizzard Entertainment (Senior Test Lead)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.