Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated concept design artist to join its creative development team. The concept artist must be experienced in designing characters, environments, weapons, and mechanical concepts.
This person will be responsible for sketching, line art, and full painting design formats. Additionally, this individual should have a strong understanding of form, function, and 3D perspective. The ideal candidate will also possess a solid grasp of the unique elements and distinctive visual styles of Blizzard Entertainment's universes.
* Experience with Photoshop and other 2D art / painting programs
* Experience working in the pre-production aspects of game development and movie / animated feature film-making
* A concept generalist able to tackle FX design, environments, and props
* Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy
* Experience with the creation of orthographics for characters, sets, or props
* Painting skills, as well as use of photo collage during design process
* A keen eye toward form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to illustration and design
* Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
* Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's distinctive visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
* Able to carry an idea from conceptual phase to finished illustration
* Unrelenting self-motivation and drive
Apply to Blizzard Entertainment (Concept Artist - Creative Development)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.