Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
The Neuropharmacology group is seeking independent and motivated scientists to join a newly established research team focused on the rapid progression of novel therapeutics to humans for neurodegenerative, neurobehavioral and neuromuscular diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and leading innovative approaches to deliver drug candidates suitable for first in human trials. The candidate will lead independent research as well as lead cross function drug development teams. The candidate will interact with departmental leaders as well as senior leaders in the discovery organization to help shape departmental strategy.
The candidate will also oversee the efforts and be responsible for guiding the career development of 3-5 scientists.
* Develop in vitro and in vivo innovative approaches and technologies to identifying mediators of neuromuscular and neurodegenerative diseases and to validate novel therapeutic targets.
* Lead cross functional drug development teams to bring therapeutic candidates in to clinical development.
* Provide strategic input into the identification and validation of novel targets that complement the neuropharmacology portfolio.
* Keep abreast of, and use, state-of-the-art technologies in target identification.
* Develop a creative and innovative research plan.
* Provide scientific oversight and career development opportunities to Ph.D./MA/BA scientists with broad scientific backgrounds.
* Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
* Develop collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders.
* Establish and maintain scientific eminence amongst the academic community by publishing and presenting research at internationally-recognized scientific conferences.
* A proven track record in progressing drug targets from validation to early clinical development is an asset.
2. A strong and established scientific background in invitro and/or in vivo pharmacology with a demonstrated track record of independent research and peer-reviewed publications.
3. Experience in conducting in vivo models of disease and evaluating pharmacological interventions is preferred.
4. A thorough understanding of PK/PD relationships is highly desirable as is experience conducting surgical recovery models in rodents.
5. The position requires excellent communication skills, and the ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
6. Ability to collaborate and work with others in a matrixed environment
7. Ability to conduct independent research and be a team player
8. Ability to prioritize responsibilities
9. Comfortable with changing direction and taking risks
* PhD and/or MD with at least 10 years of post-doctorate training experience, including at least 5 years of drug development experience
Apply to Biogen (Senior Scientist of Neuropharmacology)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.