Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
The Infrastructure Architect will work with IT R&D Functional leads and Enterprise Architects identifying and delivering solutions supporting the Research, Development and Data Sciences business units.
She/he will be leading architecture analysis and design for tactical and transformational R&D programs, promoting implementation of industry best practices with regards to infrastructure architecture and Cloud services.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving big challenges that can change patients’ lives.
* Identify, architect and test (proof-of-concept) scalable and flexible solutions to support Biogen teams migrating and transforming data; and/or developing applications supporting Research, Development and Data Sciences
* Architect and design, cost effective alternatives for the service delivery of Storage/Archiving of large scientific data sets.
* Deliver written architecture and solutions design documentation and contribute to technical architecture peer reviews and solution design sessions.
* Document, partner, and share templates, techniques, and artifacts with other development teams around Biogen
* Be a leader helping to drive the Biogen IT vision and a key contributor toward delivering upon the Biogen IT Strategy
* Ability to identify and transform business and non-functional requirements into technical requirements and architecture designs - TOGAF Certification a plus
* Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
* Ability to simplify and communicate complex technical solutions and tailor content to a broad varied audience of engineers and senior management.
* Self-Starter, eager to learn new technologies in a fast pace environment and work in multiple technology domains.
* Strong team player with demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
* 5+ years developing applications or closely with application development teams in a Research and Scientific environment. 3+years managing infrastructure technology.
* Demonstrated expertise architecting, building and managing large R&D data sets; implementing GxP qualified systems and High Performance Computing (HPC)
* Experience with LIMS, Product Safety, Quality and Electronic Notebook systems in GxP environment
* Experience and expertise developing software, scripts, and or services in at least one of the following: PowerShell, JAVA Ruby, Python, PHP, Go, Perl, Scala or similar language.
* Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. Security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA and GxP)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Other desirable skills include:
* Experience with Cloud Orchestration Tools (Chef, Puppet)
* exposure to Agile/Scrum delivery methodologies and tools (Jira)
* BA/BS in computer science, engineering or related technical disciplines/work experience with 10+ years of relevant experience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.