Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
The successful candidate will supervise a small team responsible for the development of purification processes for clinical and commercial biologics programs. The ability to manage a team to work efficiently, maintain operational excellence, to meet project timelines and to influence other stakeholders across the development organization is a key responsibility of this position. The candidate will also play a significant role in the assessment and development of new innovative technologies and enhance fundamental understanding that will be crucial for successful purification processes. In addition, this candidate will participate in scientific conferences and make contributions to scientific publications and patents.
* Work independently or with minimal supervision on defined projects for development of purification processes for recombinant protein production
2. Design laboratory experiments and participate with their team on execution
3. Perform independent data analysis and interpretation and develop strategies for optimization and troubleshooting
4. Supervise junior staff to advance project goals and provide them with coaching, career development and career advancement opportunities
5. Work closely with pilot plant for process scale-up and execution of development projects
6. Represent Process Biochemistry in internal cross-functional teams
7. Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations
* A strong understanding therapeutic protein properties, fundamentals of chromatography and/or membrane separations and experience with development of downstream processes is required. Hands-on experience with AKTA (Explorer, Avant) chromatography systems, analytical tools such as SEC-HPLC, HIC-HPLC, IEX-HPLC, and SDS PAGE and high throughput robotics is a plus.
2. Ability to work independently, manage projects, supervise associate scientists and participate in cross-functional, multidisciplinary project teams.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to generate, develop, and implement innovative ideas and deal with difficult scientific problems
5. Highly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools. Knowledge of statistical software applications, including DoE, is a plus
* Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, or related discipline:
* Ph.D. with 2+ years’ experience, or
* M.S. with 8+ years’ experience in the Biotech / Biopharmaceutical industry
* Other relevant expertise in Science or Engineering will be considered.
Apply to Biogen (Senior Engineer II, Process Biochemistry)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.