Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients with neurodegenerative diseases, hematologic conditions and autoimmune diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
An experienced senior network engineer is needed to provide the Network Services team with complimentary skills to support the Biogen user community. Candidates will have proven expertise in managing a complex LAN and WAN environment across numerous business units and geographical locations. Candidate should be experienced in advanced network deployment and support in a multi-vendor environment.
Extremely strong logistical skills and the ability to manage many deployments at the same time is critical. Strong accountability, analytical, process, organizational and communication skills are a must in this role.
* Provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex enterprise WAN and LAN network
* Troubleshoot and identify sources of problems, working with equipment vendors and telecom providers to bring issues to resolution.
* Monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published SLAs.
* Strong leadership qualities
* Strong communications skills across many concurrent deployments with the ability to communicate details to the project teams and clearly communicate status to management
* Review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies and procedures for an enterprise.
* Establish and enforce best practice processes for network management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and security
* Oversee hardware deployments for domestic and international initiatives
* Oversee compliance with change control and release management processes
* Advanced Working knowledge of complex LAN and WAN environments.
* Expertise in Transport, including QOS, Application protocols, VoIP and other real-time protocols.
* Cisco device programming and troubleshooting including routers CatOS, IOS and Meraki, ASA, VPN and wireless. Knowledge of Riverbed Steelhead/MAZU, Cisco WAAS, Infoblox DNS and NetMRI a plus. Skype VoIP is a plus.
* Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP.
* 10+ years Cisco networking experience
* Proven operational and triage capabilities
* Emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications, peer training and written documentation
* Strong inter-personal skills
* Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
* Focused on quality
* Committed to continual improvement
* Willingness to travel as required to remote sites as needed.
* Willingness to participate in on call rotation.
* Cisco Routers and switches (CatOS, IOS and NxOS), ASA
* Routing protocols - OSPF, BGP
* Riverbed Steelhead, Infoblox DNS
* Cisco certification is a plus
* Expertise with Cisco Layers 2 and 3 (Switching and Routing)
* Advanced working knowledge of the BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
* Working knowledge of Transport - LAN, MAN, WAN.
* Configuration and troubleshooting of Cloud Services
* Hands on Wireless installation, configuration and troubleshooting
* Riverbed and WAAS configuration and troubleshooting experience
* Infoblox DNS management
A four-year undergraduate degree
Apply to Biogen (Principal Information Technology Architect)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.