* Expert understanding of foundational architectural concepts (design, business technology strategy, quality management, human dynamics, and IT environment).
* Significant experience engaging with CXO’s and regular working interactions with CIO’s and Business stakeholders.
* Vertical industry experience in one or more domains Proven leadership experience in providing innovative technical roadmaps.
* Must take a practical, pragmatic, results oriented approach to architecture planning.
* Advanced application architecture design experience and prior exposure to multiple SDLC’s.
* Prior exposure to distributed application performance engineering, cloud computing, social media programs, mobile application development, database design concepts, middleware concepts, user interface development, and information security engineering.
* 15 years relevant experience in IT, systems/platform architecture within a life sciences company or consulting firm supporting the healthcare industry 8+ years of experience in working on platform architecture on CRM / Sales Force / Cloud based architecture
* Experience with commonly used integration technologies and platforms such as ETL/Informatica / Fusion Middleware/EAI/EDI, data virtualization, EDI; Architectural and development experience of Web Services.
* A good understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS / PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
* Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures along with basic understanding of mobile platforms.
* A good understanding of Information/Application security on premise and on-cloud is essential
* A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and Master data management.
* Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical capabilities with ability to synthesize large amounts of commercial business information and logically structure them into IT elements that build practical solutions
* Strong analytical skills Good communication skills
* Strong cross-functional coordination skills and understanding of enterprise architecture, governance; any certification on enterprise architecture (Zachman, TOGAF, etc.) methodologies will be preferred.
* Develop, manage and communicate current state and future state architectural models, keeping them aligned to changing business needs and relevant for active technology portfolio management.
* Ex-Big 5 consulting experience valued
* Undergraduate or graduate degree with 10+ years relevant experience.