* 18 years of age or older
* High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
* A minimum of one (1) or more years of maintenance experience is preferred
* A valid driver’s license may be required
* Required to provide own (basic) hand tools
* Must be knowledgeable in plumbing, electrical, paint/drywall and appliance repair
* Previous HVAC experience preferred; HVAC certification is required
* Ability to work an on-call schedule as required to meet the needs of the property
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of building maintenance and repair
* Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
* A positive, team-oriented attitude
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
* This position will regularly use hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment and cleaning equipment and may operate company vehicles. May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that include one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all chemicals and/or other substances to follow all company and industry safety standards. The worker may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
* The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, carry, push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; squat; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. In all cases where lifting is required assistance should be requested and proper lifting equipment should be worn/used. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required.
**Personal Protective Equipment necessary:**
* Affected employees are required to use/wear PPE such as, safety goggles, splash shield, gloves, etc.
* The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.