Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals.
* The primary duties consist of SmartPlant configuration, implementation, data integration/management and support, for the WTP plant information in support of the Engineering organization.
* Coordinates with and support technical team members in information systems, automation, and engineering in areas related to SmartPlant Foundation and other SmartPlant authoring tools, as appropriate.
* Supports the development, review, administration, testing and execution of SmartPlant Foundation for a large Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) project.
* Applies knowledge of SmartPlant Foundation, 3D, P&ID, etc. principles and practices to data integration with commercial-off-the-shelf, and Bechtel Standard Application Program software.
* Produces artifacts to convey data integration and management activities for review and coordination.
* Works with engineering disciplines and other functions to elicit requirements to help ensure Engineering information management requirements, data validation and data ownership are properly planned, developed, and managed and work activities documented.
* Working with the SmartPlant Foundations Administrator, documents data flow and manages schema for data integration and data management implementations. Performs data integration coordination.
* Must be well organized and have the ability to develop work plans to accomplish assigned tasks within established budgets and schedules.
* Willing to work required hours to support project requests and able to travel on short notice.
* BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 6 years of related experience.
* Possess the right to work in the US without sponsorship.
* Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Hands-on experience using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, VISIO, and related computer programs.
* Working knowledge of industry wide Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Basic, C++, VB.NET, ASP.NET.
* Working knowledge of Intergraph SmartPlant Foundation.
* Hands-on experience with database systems such as Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
* Experience with different data flow methodologies.
* Hands-on experience integrating data between disparate systems and various data types (e.g., structured, unstructured, documents, etc).
* General knowledge of engineering/scientific systems, calculations, applications, and relevant computer applications.
* Experience using industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
* MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 4 years of related experience
* Fundamentals of Engineering, or equivalent
* Working knowledge of the application of ASME NQA-1 and DOE O 414.1C, relating to software quality
* Experience working to and complying with rigorous quality standards
Apply to Bechtel (Smart Plant Automation Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.