Job Posting Details
About Barry Wehmiller
We’re Building A Better World.
We’re more than just a successful capital equipment and engineering solutions firm. We’re an organization fiercely committed to improving the lives of our team members across the globe. By providing meaningful work in an environment of care and compassion, we send them home fulfilled by their time with us, rather than drained by it.
We invite you to explore this immediate career opportunity as we grow our Architectural presence at our Alpharetta, GA office. This individual will develop the architectural solution for customer’s business needs as part of an integrated project team. This will include but is not limited to helping the owner or project manager to define the facility requirements/program. This includes understanding the customer’s production flow and space environmental needs. The project architect is responsible for developing the architectural plans, model, and communicating requirements to the other engineering disciplines.
* Responsibilities include developing schematic and design sketches.
* Site plan / zoning and building code reviews and project approvals
* Preparation and review of master specifications in MSI format
* Must be able to create and assemble a complete set of architectural construction documents using the latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT.
* Review and process shop drawings.
* Researching facility materials for projects and creating renderings.
* This position offers the opportunity to gain experience working with an internal all discipline engineering team in order meet our client’s business needs. It includes a great variety of day to day assignments.
* Basic computer and software skills including; Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
* Candidates need to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of management, team members, clients and vendors in a multidiscipline office.
* Strong decision making abilities and excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* BS Architecture or BA Architecture degree is required.
* Master’s degree in Architecture is highly desired and will be considered as 2 years appropriate experience.
* Minimum 12+ years’ experience with industrial building design and the preparation of drawings.
* Registered Architect and NCARB preferred (or ability to become licensed quickly)
* 3+ years’ of architecture team leadership preferred
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
Up to 25% travel is anticipated to meet with clients and inspect their facilities both prior to and in various phases of project execution.