Outside Sales Agronomist


(Seattle, Washington)
Full Time Travel Required
Job Posting Details
About Balchem
Founded in 1967, Balchem provides state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our Company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; Animal Nutrition and Health and Industrial Products. Balchem employs approximately 1,000 people worldwide who are engaged in many diverse activities, developing our company into chosen market leadership positions.
We are seeking an Outside Sales Agronomist for the Northwest to support the sales and marketing of our Metalosate® premium foliar micronutrient product line. The sales territory for this position includes Oregon and Washington State from Wenatchee to the Tri-cities with about 25% of your time in Oregon and the other 75% in Washington. Candidate must reside within Washington, east of the Cascade mountains.
* Research and develop list of potential customers. * Establish and maintain industry contacts that lead to sales. * Follow up on sales leads and make cold calls on potential customers. * Develop relationships with new and existing customers and provide information to customers to maximize sales. * Gather data on agribusiness trends and competitive pricing. * Make recommendations to management regarding opportunities to maximize sales. * Meet established sales quotas and revenue goals. * Travel to sales areas as necessary and have personal contact with distributors and clients. * Maintain adequate inventories of all materials in a central warehouse based on historical sales data as well as projected growth
Ideal Candidate
**Education/Experience:** Four-year degree in Agricultural/Plant Science or related field and 2 to 3 years’ experience in sales of agricultural products. Experience in agribusiness or farming a plus. **Specific Skills/Abilities:** Background in agronomy. Excellent communication skills. Ability to interface with all company levels. Strong personality. Self-starter. Action/goal oriented. **Working Conditions:** Involved in agribusiness with dealers of fertilizers on farms, orchards and vineyards. Frequent travel throughout sales areas may require weekend travel and overnight stays. Relocation may be required.


Answered by on
This question has not been answered
Answered by on

There are no answered questions, sign up or login to ask a question

Want to see jobs that are matched to you?

DreamHire recommends you jobs that fit your
skills, experiences, career goals, and more.