Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
HipChat Server is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team and help us evolve our enterprise messaging platform. This is a unique opportunity for a creative, ambitious and goal oriented doer to have a meaningful impact on our company. Bonus if you have an undying love for HipChat and/or a great sense of humor. On the HipChat Server team you will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling and optimizing our HipChat Server Data Center. We are looking for passionate engineers who understand that building an engineering practice is as important as building a product. You have a keen eye towards simplicity, reliability and operational excellence.
* Learn, experiment, and deliver. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt and come up with creative solutions to fun, complex problems.
* Design with a eye for business. You will team-up with Product, Design and Support to understand and delight our customers.
* Play as a team. Practice radical candor, continuous improvement and making everything around you better.
* Build with passion and integrity. Implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, and operational excellence.
* Be the change you seek. Champion CI/CD and test-driven development.
* You love building software with a focus towards operational excellence and engineering rigor.
* Experience working with Python, Go and working with geo-distributed teams is ideal.
* Experience building large scale distributed systems using AWS and/or VMWare.
* You have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* You have a positive disposition and assume good intent from all team members.
* Experience building Presence and Messaging Platforms is a plus.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.