Senior Administrative Assistant - Finance Team
Job Posting Details
About Armstrong World Industries
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a global producer of flooring products and ceiling systems for use in the construction and renovation of residential, commercial and institutional buildings. The Company designs, manufactures and sells flooring products (resilient and wood) and ceiling systems (mineral fiber, fiberglass and metal) globally. The Company segments includes: Building Products, Resilient Flooring and Wood Flooring.
Armstrong Flooring, a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has a job opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant for our Finance team in Lancaster, PA. The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide timely, accurate, and efficient administrative support for the finance department. Additionally, the Senior Administrative Assistant will use knowledge of organization's policies and practices while demonstrating high ethical standards, communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Performing administrative functions, some of which are of a confidential nature
* Working closely with the managers under time-sensitive deadlines
* Preparing presentations, reports and other documents, using PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Communicating with various Armstrong departments and management.
- Managing calendars and schedules with authority to schedule appointments and meetings
- Planning and coordinating internal and external meetings
- Managing travel arrangements and creating expense reports using SAP system
- Executing required processes for international travel including processing VISA's, letters of invitation, etc.
- Communicating with outside vendors
- Assisting with Purchasing requisitions and goods receipts
- Ordering supplies using corporate credit card and Payment.Net system
- Processing paperwork to move/transition/onboard employees, including phone, cubicle/office space, network access, etc.
- Processing overnight shipments using web-based system
- Maintaining departmental databases and other electronic and paper records
- Timely maintenance and distributing various monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Screening telephone calls, e-mail and paper mail and determine most appropriate way to handle correspondence
- Working on special projects which encompass research and compilation of data
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training
- Must have strong computer skills with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and research skills
- Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and follow through to achieve project goals
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be self-motivated and possess the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced high-volume work environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling and processing confidential information
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and external customers
- Willingness to embrace change and continually looking for opportunities to improve processes, functions and actions to maximize efficiency and customer value
- Prior experience supporting a global team
**Desired Qualifications for the Senior Administrative Assistant:**
- Two-year secretarial/business degree