Aon is a global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human resources solutions, and outsourcing services. It employs over 60,000 people in 120 countries worldwide. ACIA is a unit of Aon, based in Dublin, which was set up in 2009. It is one of the first centers established in Ireland that are dedicated to data analytics and innovation.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Captive business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Burlington, VT. Due to a recently expanded client base, the Aon Insurance Manager is seeking an Accounting Executive who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of captive accounts, ensuring that the client, service provider and manager needs are met, working with team members to ensure the companies remain in compliance with regulatory and accounting requirements.
* Oversee the day-to-day operations of clients and be their primary contact
* Ensure quality and timeliness of financial reports and regulatory filings
* Oversee Aon colleagues / client teams to ensure deadlines are met on a consistent basis
* Mentor and develop accounting staff skills
* Coordinate efforts with outside service providers to meet client needs
* Communicate with State regulators in regards to changes to the client business plan
* Prepare and present materials during some client board meetings, ensuring quality and inclusion of value added information
* Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory (STAT) financial reporting
* Proven ability to service clients and meet their needs on a consistent basis
* Ability to converse with clients to explain, negotiate or breakdown issues
* Ability to coordinate the activities of a team of colleagues
* Ability to coordinate activities with varied service providers, negotiating issues when necessary
* Experience managing several projects simultaneously
* Bachelors of Accounting degree or captive experience required
* CPA or equivalent a plus, but not required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
* Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
* Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and improve methods and approaches
* Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations to clients
* Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external clients
* Effective communicator, both verbally and written
* Ability to develop good working relationships with the Aon network
* Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, building on the former and addressing the latter, with manager guidance
* Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice to clients, colleagues and other service providers.
Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent years of industry experience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.