AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a multinational property and casualty insurance company. Founded in 1998 to provide workers’ compensation insurance to small businesses in the United States, the company now operates in three segments around the globe: Small Commercial Business Insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty Program Insurance.
The workers compensation underwriter is responsible for the evaluation, selection, acceptance, rejection, pricing and servicing of commercial and agricultural insurance policies within accepted company procedures and guidelines. Maintains effective agency relationships and manages agency profitability within assigned territories.
* Analyze commercial lines accounts to make decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and controls
* Review new business to ensure that all policy documentation is in place
* Determine acceptability of renewals utilizing loss control inspections, motor vehicle records, Dunn and Bradstreet reports, loss experience reports and underwriting filings
* Review and revises pricing and coverage to ensure premiums charged are commensurate with the exposure
* Assist the Regional Underwriting Vice Presidents in solving agency disputes or problems
* Review daily correspondence, reports, endorsements, loss control reports and publications pertaining to responsibility
* Examine loss notices, desirability of risk notices from claims and recommends appropriate action
* Maintain a specific class of business within specified territory and assigned agents following company guidelines and procedures
* Place facultative reinsurance for risks exceeding the reinsurance treaty capacity with the company
* Review the underwriting decisions made by underwriting assistants on Business Owners Policy (BOP) to ensure long-term profitability
* Coordinate with the processing manager the processing of non-renewal and conditional renewal notices within time frame as required of the department of insurance
* Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in a similar environment
* 1+ year(s) experience in workers compensation underwriting
* Must have completed and/or is participating in technical insurance course programs
* Knowledge of property and casualty underwriting procedures and policies
* Knowledge and understanding of ISO/CLM computer programs and Microsoft Office Applications
* Strong analytical ability and organizational skills. In addition, must have a demonstrated ability to lead, plan and work well with others
* Experience in and ability to handle commercial risks which generate a premium level of $250,000
Apply to AmTrust Financial Services (Workers Compensation Underwriter)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.