AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a multinational property and casualty insurance company. Founded in 1998 to provide workers’ compensation insurance to small businesses in the United States, the company now operates in three segments around the globe: Small Commercial Business Insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty Program Insurance.
The internal auditor will perform financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. An audit will consist of reviewing the accounting and financial data of various departments within the organization to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial records; strong internal control environments, and compliance with company standards, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements. Duties Include but are not limited to:
* Performing initial risk assessments
* Conducting preliminary meetings with management
* Developing audit programs and test plans
* Evaluating internal controls and operating efficiencies
* Conducting Audit – narratives, flowcharts, test of controls, and substantive audit tests (inspections, observations, re-performances, recalculations, analytics, etc.)
* Compiling clear and concise audit work papers with conclusions that are supported by the work papers
* Developing audit recommendations
* Working with management in resolution and implementation of recommendations
* Working with the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance team as needed
* A bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting
* 2 to 5 years auditing experience; preferably P&C insurance experience and/or Big 4 experience.
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Apply to AmTrust Financial Services (Senior Internal Auditor)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.