Since 1972, American Nutrition, Inc. has been using premium ingredients to produce quality pet food products. Headquartered in the high mountain country of Ogden, Utah, ANI is passionate about one thing — consistently delivering a product that keeps pets healthy and happy. American Nutrition works with pet food manufactures across the country to create the best possible product for your pet’s health.
Manages the Technical Services Department (currently three Technologists). This department works closely with customers, Purchasing, and Operations. Technical Services responsibilities include new product and process development, production trials, least-cost formulation, product/process improvement, technical sales support, etc.
* A strong leader capable of working effectively with leaders of other departments.
* Continuously managing and developing an effective team.
* Formulate dry extruded, baked, snacks/treats, and canned pet foods according to defined parameters.
* Develop new products within the scope of our manufacturing abilities.
* Oversee/conduct plant trials on assigned projects at various production facilities.
* Troubleshoot and resolve production and product quality issues experienced at the plant level.
* Work effectively on multidisciplinary teams within the company and with external customers and suppliers to accomplish project objectives.
* Comprehend and apply food science and pet nutrition principles effectively.
* Prepare and issue specifications for new ingredients and finished products.
* Collect and interpret data and make recommendations.
**Skills and Requirements:**
***Must Have Pet Food Experience To Be Considered***
* BS in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, or equivalent is required.
* 5-10 years of experience in pet food, food science, or related field preferred.
* Experience with new product development is a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of ingredient functionality and food manufacturing processes.
* Strong communication and project management skills.
* Creativity and problem-solving
* Demonstrate good computer input and retrieval skills.
* Experience working effectively in a plant environment preferred.
* Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a customer service orientation. Travel and extended hours may be necessary as workloads dictate.
* Pre-employment drug screen and background testing required. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
* Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply. Job will be performed both in an office and in a manufacturing environment.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, climb ladders and walk plant floors that could exceed one mile of travel per day.
* The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
* Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
* Strength: Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds with regularity.
* Must be able to understand and follow work instructions in English.
Apply to American Nutrition (Corporate Research and Development Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.