For more than 85 years, American Family Insurance has built its reputation on sound principles. We strive to provide you industry-leading service, exceptional claims experience and products that build long-term relationships. This is accomplished by treating policyholders fairly in a helpful and caring way and making it easy and convenient to work with us. We know our customers like family.
As a sales specialist you’ll have the unique opportunity to play an important role in people’s lives – by protecting dreams. You’ll use consultative selling techniques to attract, retain and sell insurance products while working in a team environment and providing top notch customer service. Your clients will rely on you for honest, trustworthy advice and, in turn, you’ll use your skills as a proactive problem-solver to create individualized insurance protection that meets their needs. The sales specialist position comes with a base pay, plus bonus/commission potential.
* Develops knowledge of the local market dynamics for business development opportunities for all product lines.
* Helps the Agency grow by using consultative selling techniques to sell insurance products to new customers.
* Proactively cross sells and or coordinates with agency team members to provide additional coverage to existing customers.
* Prospects for new business through leads, telephone calls, networking events, trade shows, and personal contacts.
* Conducts sales and review appointments with prospective and current customers.
* Meets and exceeds sales goals.
* Develops, maintains, and cultivates community contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities.
* Ability to work independently to plan, set priorities, and organize work.
* Active involvement in the local community.
* Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, etc.).
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Successfully obtain and maintain a property, casualty, life, and health license.
Apply to American Family Insurance (Sales and Marketing Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.