Ambit Energy provides electricity and natural gas services in deregulated markets across the United States, primarily marketed through a direct sales channel of more than 400,000 Independent Consultants.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate invoicing of customer accounts.
* Ensures accuracy through the review and validation of a controlled sample population of invoices on an ongoing basis to identify billing issues/improvements.
* Audits daily bill runs to identify issues; coordinates resolution and re-bill requirements to ensure accurate bill creation post resolution.
* Documents billing issues/improvements for resolution/change implementation.
* Identifies operational root causes, IT root causes and expected outcomes for billing issues.
* Actively contributes to identification of optimal resolution and vetting of system logic with IT department.
* Communicates billing issues with the technical department(s) and leadership to ensure timely resolution.
* Acts as subject matter expert for all areas of responsibility for both Ambit and the utilities.
* Executes special projects with high level oversight by leadership.
* Performs validation of system fixes to ensure system changes produce the desired outcome including the validation that other areas are not negatively affected.
* Makes business decisions routinely where there is minimal impact to the company. Understands what large impacts are and engages leadership when needed.
* Contributes suggestions and ideas in line with regulatory rules to guide decisions that affect areas of responsibility utilizing advanced knowledge of Ambit billing practices and other processes that drive charges/adjustments on invoices.
* Ensures the timely processing of all billing transactions.
* Monitors and tracks billing transactions to ensure efficient and accurate processing.
* Documents processes to be utilized by your direct peers, leaders and other Ambit departments.
* Recognizes, reconciles, and corrects mismatched billing data based on, established business rules.
* Builds internal and external relationships through exceptional problem solving, ownership, and follow-through.
* Full time physical attendance is an essential element of the job.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
* Highly attentive to detail.
* Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
* Basic Microsoft Visio skills.
* Ability to interpret and modify SQL queries.
* General understanding of State Utility Commission regulations related to the invoicing of customers.
* Familiarity with EDI transaction processing and transaction referencing.
* Experience with data quality processes, system audits or invoice reconciliation required.
* 2-4 years billing experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a similar field of study or equivalent experience.