Airware offers complete enterprise drone solutions that are built on the Aerial Information Platform, so that aerial data becomes an extension of a company’s existing data management systems. Airware’s comprehensive set of technology enables enterprises to plan, capture, and analyze aerial data, all within an enterprise workflow. Based in San Francisco, Airware has built a cross-disciplinary team of experts in aerospace, robotics, geospatial, hardware, software, and cloud.
Airware Mobile team is looking for a senior iOS engineer to be responsible for building an iPad application which is used to configure and managing drone flights. The data collected during flight is uploaded to the Airware Platform and used to provide business insights that are informed by Deep Learning. You will create simple to operate, robust, field tested, interconnected systems from whiteboard to deployment to provide our clients with the best available data collection service. You are an experienced iOS engineer who takes pride in creating highly performant code with an emphasis on architecture, testability, and quality. You believe that details are important. You should be excited to solve technical problems caused by extended use in severe remote environments along with challenges caused by drone operating characteristics.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design and ship new features
* Maintain a high development velocity
* Measurably high level of quality
* Work with Design to balance effort and impact when implementing user interfaces
* Drive architecture decisions, write code, mentor engineers
* Push performance limitations
* Innovate solutions as needed
* Working and interfacing with drones - you will get to fly drones!
**Necessary Skills and Experience**
* 5+ years developing and releasing commercial software
* 3+ years developing mobile software, preferably Swift and Objective C
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong drive to improve software craftsmanship
* Experience collaborating across multiple engineering teams
* Experience mentoring engineers
* Advocate for unit testing
**Beneficial Skills and Experience**
* Other mobile experience such as Android
* Working in a fast moving, agile, startup environment
* Hardware or IoT integration
* Experience shipping a 1.0
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.