adMarketplace is the largest independent search advertising marketplace. Named by Crain's as one of New York's fastest growing companies for two years running, adMarketplace delivers performance traffic to large, data-savvy marketers and their agencies.
adMarketplace is looking for a Systems Engineer to maintain and grow our development and production environments. Our ad servers are queried for advertisements over 2 billion times each day, so our systems, which run on CentOS, require low latency, high availability and fault tolerance. Our ideal candidate should be well versed in networking in addition to systems administration.
- Actively monitor system and network performance
- Respond to alerts, resolve or escalate issues as necessary , on-call rotation is required
- Create and maintain systems documentation and run-books
- Respond to trouble tickets
- Perform production code deployments
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with other systems administrators, database administrators, software developers, and commercial business colleagues. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Write puppet manifests to create all systems in a consistent and repeatable manor.
- 5+ Years experience as a Linux Systems Administrator or Engineer.
- 3+ Years experience with Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management systems.
- You should have existing experience with CentOS, RedHat or Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- Scripting experience with Bash and Python.
- Troubleshoot I/O, and system performance problems.
- Able to troubleshoot TCP/IP, VLAN, and routing issues.
- Creating RPM packages.
- Excellent project management skills
- Clustered products, Floating IP's, and multicast.
- OSPF and BGP
- Messaging brokers such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with container management and orchestration. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS.
- Service registration concepts and practices with Consul.