Adidas has a long history and the strongest connection with sport. Its mission is to be the best sports brand in the world. This is anchored in the brand’s belief – through sport, we have the power to change lives. adidas’ broad and diverse sports portfolio, from major global sports such as football and running, to regional heartbeat sports such as American football and rugby, has enabled adidas to transcend cultures and become one of the most recognized and iconic global brands.
Maintains a timely supply of footwear/apparel inventory to meet customer demand in a manner that will optimize financial return to adidas and minimize overall Supply Chain costs.
* Creates and analyzes forecast and buy reports to influence appropriate production and inventory positions.
* Reviews forecasts and customer orders to determine appropriate buy quantities to meet demand.
* Coordinates forecasting and purchasing activities with Global Supply Planning to mitigate capacity constraints and support factory relationship management.
* Executes purchasing activities in alignment with Global Supply Planning and US logistics.
* Tracks delivery performance and identifies and resolves potential production delays and delivery problems. Prepares standardized and ad hoc reports to support business analysis.
* Provides customers with order status reports and coordinates ship method as necessary. Closely monitors key product launches.
* Works to develop tools and guidelines to support more efficient processes within Demand/Supply Chain Operations.
* Work on other projects as assigned.
* Ability to work independently with moderate guidance on several projects simultaneously.
* Ability to communicate detailed information clearly and consistently via phone, written communication and in person.
* Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel). Intermediate Access skills preferred.
* Ability to create and maintain database management tools
* Ability to extract data from databases and internal systems for analysis
* Ability to understand complex supply chain issues and drive them to solution
* Ability to effectively communicate (both written & verbal) and to lead discussions and give presentations in small and large groups.
* Strong team player with the ability to work with diverse groups of people in a productive manner.
* Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects under a deadline.
* Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes
**Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:**
* 4 year college or university degree required, focus on Logistics or Supply Chain preferred.
* 3+ years related work experience preferably in Supply Chain or Logistics
* Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
* Industry experience preferred.