Adidas has a long history and the strongest connection with sport. Its mission is to be the best sports brand in the world. This is anchored in the brand’s belief – through sport, we have the power to change lives. adidas’ broad and diverse sports portfolio, from major global sports such as football and running, to regional heartbeat sports such as American football and rugby, has enabled adidas to transcend cultures and become one of the most recognized and iconic global brands.
Support Sr. Director with providing structured analysis of inventory information to meet or exceed target KPIs. Assist with the development of analytics to manage and report on channel inventory liquidation. Make recommendations and collaborate with Merchandising and Finance team to achieve forecast/plan expectations.
* Construct and deliver daily, weekly and monthly data focused tools from various sources into single reporting system for business partners and leadership team to profitably manage liability inventory
* In partnership with business partners, leadership teams, and Commercial Finance, analyze, review and recommend actions to maximize sales, turn and gross margin for excess inventory by channel
* Analyze the results of product placement on site, in marketing, in media, in store, etc., making recommendations to support business goals
* Participate in major go-to-market milestones to gain insight to key seasonal brand and BU strategies and initiatives, contributing financial plans for inventory outlook
* Support business partners and leadership team with ad hoc data reporting and analysis needs, including product selling, inventory position and promotional/pricing results and recommendations
* Collect and compile information from various departments for use in planning future liabilities
* Understand business needs and requirements and translate these requirements and needs into data visualization tools for use by both yourself and business partners to gather insights and improve the product lifecycle and channel priorities
* Utilize historical data for sales trending and forecasting or future inventory liquidation
* Monitor unsold inventory on a weekly basis and determine most profitable avenue for liquidation
* Manage weekly data on excess inventory by stock category for the region, inclusive of all sales channels
* Collaborate cross functionally, leveraging a market level view to define insights and actions for implementation within DTC
**Knowledge Skills and Abilities**
* Familiarity accessing data from a database structure
* Familiarity with the athletic industry, trends and/or athletic product lines preferred
* Familiarity with Retail KPIs and retail math a must
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite and familiarity with merchandising systems/applications (Microstrategies, Access, Tableau, SAP, Omniture Site Analytics)
* Advanced Excel skills and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Good planning and organization skills, resulting in the ability to meet critical deadlines
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of retail math
* Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
* Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and create reporting tools from data
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
* Ability to successfully multi-task and problem-solve
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in reporting and analysis
* Prior experience creating and publishing reports
* Inventory management experience a plus
* Experience in retail or consumer products industry a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.