AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve.
AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Senior Cloud Program Manager to support our VA customer. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office and will involve travel to the customer offices in Washington, DC once per week.
The successful candidate has thorough knowledge of AWS products and cloud technologies and can also engage the customer and collaborate with internal team members and stakeholders to deliver program success. This individual will be responsible for direction communications with the customer, in support of transitioning VA to a new, cloud-based architecture. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Managing the customer relationship and providing project direction and leadership
* Leverage understanding of AWS technologies and work with cloud engineers, software developers, and O&M service teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies.
* Work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to customers
* Define problems to develop plans and requirements for complex system architecture, networking, and telecommunications systems
* Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships
* Identify skills and resources required for tasks
* Develop and implement a technology roadmap and engineer cloud-based solutions
* Implement multiple solutions and/or lead one or more engineers in developing solutions and migrating existing applications and services to the cloud
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline
* 10+ years’ experience leading complex, large-scale, IT/technical/engineering Federal Programs
* 5+ years in a customer-facing role
* Direct experience implementing AWS / cloud services
* Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage project budgets is essential
* Current PMP certification, or the willingness and aptitude to obtain one within 12 months of onboarding
* Effective written and oral communications with multiple levels of leadership involving both technical and business side of the project
* Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation
* Master’s Degree or advanced Professional Degree
* AWS Solution Architect Certification
* Atlassian JIRA (or similar tool) experience
* Direct experience with DevOps / Continuous Integration
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.