3M is science applied to life. At 3M, we are in your cell phone. We are in your car. We are at your doctor’s office. You are never more than 10 feet from a 3M product. 3M helps make it possible for many other companies to do what they do.
3M is seeking a Sr. Pharmaceutical Application Engineer for the Separations and Purification Sciences Division (SPSD) located in Maplewood, MN. The person hired for the position of Sr. Pharmaceutical Application Engineer will work in the Biopharmaceutical Purification business to drive growth through collaborations with customers and external industry experts to implement manufacturing purification solutions based on the innovative integration of multiple differentiated 3M product platforms. This person will harness insights from the industry and specific customer processes to develop and replicate high impact applications, and deliver training to customers and our global cross-functional team. This position will require strong engagement and leadership within the industry.
* Work with pharmaceutical manufacturing customers throughout the United States to champion, demonstrate and implement 3M Biopharmaceutical Purification solutions.
* Develop new applications by understanding customer processes and pharmaceutical product requirements then formulate and demonstrate innovative purification processes through a combination of field and 3M laboratory studies.
* Position himself/herself as a technical expert capable of influencing the industry leaders and establishing new paradigms for the production scale purification of pharmaceuticals. Establish a track record of conference presentations and technical publications.
* Prepare technical reports documenting work performed. Present results, conclusions and recommendations to customers and 3M personnel as needed.
* Participate in the development and delivery of product, market and application training content for customers, sales and laboratory personnel.
* Actively participate on global new product commercialization teams by engaging directly with customers to quantify and validate product value propositions and implementing customer specific product launch plans; work with development teams to identify requirements for future products and applications.
* This position requires extensive engagement with customers in their facilities and periodic travel on short notice, as the need arises.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
* Minimum of four (4) years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or bioprocessing experience gained in an academic and/or industrial environment
* Ph.D. in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related discipline from an accredited university
* Strong background in biopharmaceutical processing such as monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein or vaccine expression, purification and/or production as demonstrated through a track record of technical publications
* Minimum of two (2) years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or bioprocessing experience gained in an industrial environment
* Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and/or Statistical Analysis
* Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence people and organizations at multiple levels
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as, work with cross-functional teams
* Microsoft Office proficient
Apply to 3M (Senior Pharmaceutical Application Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.