14 West provides the administrative support modern day companies need in order to establish themselves as industry leaders, inspiring businesses, and great workplaces. Comprised of Personnel & Talent Acquisition, Communications, Operations, Legal, Financial, Information Technology, and Management experts, 14 West offers its clients and their employees the ability to leave the care of infrastructure in the hands of professionals while their leaders focus on new ideas.
Agora Financial, a Baltimore-based independent publisher, an Agora company, is looking for a highly intelligent Senior Front-end Developer / Designer that loves to figure out complex problems and make solutions simple for everyone. If you are the type of person who loves creating the perfect user experience, there could be a spot on our growing development team for you. This individual will work closely with other developers to design and develop high performance, highly scalable, custom applications for the web. He or she will support, extend and/or enhance existing codes, identify areas in the user experience that can be improved, and deliver solutions from start to finish. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to continue improving your skill sets and to stay on the cutting edge of UI/UX and front-end web development.
* Work across multiple departments to support applications that support customer service, marketing, production and web teams.
* Assist in defining UI/UX requirements for each development project.
* Maintain/ design/develop front-end features for several custom WordPress sites.
* Design and Develop personalized features for customers (personal watch list, personal account views, etc).
* 3+ years of web design and development experience.
* A Strong portfolio illustrating familiarity with mobile first UI/UX best practices.
* Strong familiarity with front-end frameworks like Zurb Foundation or similar.
* Strong Familiarity with CSS and building for mobile first.
* Strong Familiarity with modern Build and Automation tools (SASS, Gulp, Grunt).
* Experience balancing short term vs. long term needs, business needs, and customer needs.
* Experience working with a team of front-end and back-end developers and designers.
* Active collaborator (willing to share ideas and teach/learn from others).
* Familiarity with custom WordPress theming and plugin development.
* Understanding of REST APIs (how to consume them).
Apply to 14 West (Senior Front-End Developer / Designer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.